These Australian Culinary Codes of Practices initiated by Salonculinaire.com in 2008 were designed by a committee of professional chefs convened and chaired by George Hill in an act of self regulation to ensure that general professional practices of cooks/ chefs in Australia are conducted at the highest level of integrity and quality.
There are 10 codes:
- Follow all legal and occupational regulations in my professional role and responsibilities.
- Refrain from corrupt practices that will bring disgrace to, or damage the integrity of professional cookery.
- Respect this culinary code of practice and encourage cooks/chefs to join one or more of the reputable commercial cook/chef organisations.
- Be courteous to, considerate of, cooperate with colleagues and demonstrate integrity, honour and passion while accepting and celebrating my colleagues and my own achievements with dignity.
- Seek out and mentor young persons to encourage and support them to be passionate about their vocation.
- Share my professional knowledge and creative skills with other colleagues to advance the culinary arts.
- Acknowledge the original source of any relevant culinary articles, food service styles, creators of fashions or unique preparations and protect the original intention of classical culinary terminology.
- Uphold the symbol of a cook/chef uniform, particularly when I portray the image of a professional cook/chef in any public arena.
- Endeavour to constantly improve my own knowledge and skills to professionally advance myself
- Strive to balance my responsibilities in work, recreation and family in harmony with each other